Story Sharing Universum is a part of People, Simply campaign by Amnesty Finland, Finn Church Aid and the Finnish Red Cross. The campaign wants to start a change towards a more multi-voiced, compassionate and equal Finland. It also shows that despite our different backgrounds, we have a lot in common – memories, feelings and dreams for the future. We all are #peoplesimply!
What unites us as people? Whose story would you like to hear, and what would you like to tell about yourself? Whose voice is left unheard in our society?
We seek answers to these questions in the People, Simply Story Sharing café’s, that will be organized around Finland. People from different backgrounds sit around the same table, and with instructions from the Story Sharing Universum theatre group everyone is invited to listen and share. The theatre group instructors have their own stories to share too. Some of them came to Finland as asylum seekers, and some came because of studies or love.
Read more about the camapign: https://vainihmisia.fi/en/
and Story Sharing Universum: https://storysharinguniversum.fi/
People, Simply Story Sharing events:
- Helsinki. Friday February 15th at 18–21. Helsinki City Museum, Aleksanterinkatu 16.
- Mikkeli. Friday March 8th at 17–20. Multicultural center MIMOSA, Anni Swaninkatu 8.
- Jyväskylä. Friday March 15th. at 17-20. Civic Activities Center Matara, Matarankatu 4
- Kuopio. Saturday March 16th. at 14-16:30. Kuopio City Hall, Tulliportinkatu 31
- Kokkola. Friday April 5th at 17-19.30. Wanha kalahalli, Kauppatori 3
- Oulu. Saturday April 6th at 17-19.30. Aleksinkulma, Aleksanterinkatu 9